American Orthopedics has positioned itself as the technology leader in prosthetics & orthotics over its long and successful history of providing outstanding care to the citizens of Central Ohio, including Columbus, Springfield and Marion locations.
- We were the first to introduce immediate postoperative prosthetic fitting to Ohio.
- We proudly implemented the post-operative fitting of a Removable Rigid Dressing (RRD) protocol that has significantly reduced the interval between amputation and prosthetic fitting and published research on the topic.
- The first below elbow myoelectric prosthesis in Columbus was fit by us.
- Nationally recognized by BiOM in fitting the first powered foot & ankle system in Central Ohio and 1 of 12 national launch facilities
- The first Utah Arm (myoelectric above elbow prosthesis) in Columbus
- Selected to be the exclusive provider for MyoPro in Central Ohio
Every patient is different, and their needs reflect that. We don't believe in a "one size fits all" approach with our care. Our practitioners evaluate each patient when they come in and work with them, their caregivers, and other allied health partners to create a plan for the patient to regain mobility. We use the latest technology available such as Microprocessor knees and ankles and Myo-electric upper extremity prostheses to give our patients the best care possible.
Upper Extremity Prosthetics (Adult and Pediatric)
- Finger prosthesis
- Partial hand prosthesis
- Below elbow prosthesis
- Above elbow prosthesis
- Shoulder disarticulation prosthesis
Lower Extremity Prosthetics (Adult and Pediatric)
- Partial foot prosthesis
- Symes prosthesis
- Below Knee Prosthesis
- Above Knee Prosthesis
- Hip disarticulation and hemipelvectomy prosthesis
American Orthopedics begins with an evaluation of the patient's needs to decide what the best device would be to best serve each patient. Our knowledgeable staff will work together with patients, their caregivers and allied healthcare partners to provide either a custom-made or custom-fit device that best supports the patient's needs.
We provide a wide range of Orthoses including:
Upper Extremity Orthotics (custom-made)
- MYOMO MyoPro myoelectric orthosis
Lower Extremity Orthotics (custom-made and custom-fit pre-fabricated)
- Ankle-Foot Orthosis (AFO)
- Diabetic footwear
- Fracture/ulcer care boots
- Foot Orthosis (FO)
- Knee Orthosis (KO) / basic and sports bracing
- Hip Orthosis (HO)
- Knee-Ankle-Foot Orthosis (KAFO)
- Hip-Knee-Ankle-Foot Orthosis (HKAFO)
Cervical / Spinal Orthosis (custom-made or custom-fit pre-fabricated)
- Lumbosacral Orthosis (LSO)
- Thoracolumbosacral Orthosis (TLSO)